You have probably heard of us. The name means ‘servant’ in Greek but that’s the boring definition or perhaps you have heard its a helper or support person for birth
That’s STILL too bland and doesn’t show how amazing and brilliant we are at helping you through one of the *biggest* events in your life!
How about I tell you what I do and how I will actually make you FEEL :
– I will help you to feel calm
– Make you feel safe, seen and heard
– I Support your partner by giving them breaks during the labour , encouraging them to talk on your behalf if necessary, boosting his/her confidence. I keep them involved in discussions and help to address any worries or fears on their end. Giving them the confidence and encouragement they need to help you birth in your power.
– I will aid your comfort with natural pain relief methods and comfort measures for your labour and postpartum period (hello postnatal cramps – ouch!)
– Should you choose an epidural, I will support you to mobilise on the bed, get comfortable and keep the atmosphere warm and cosy to promote an optimal environment for birth to continue to F-L-O-W
– I am a listening ear to rant, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to squeeze. Someone without unwanted opinions to push onto you or judge you on YOUR choices
– As you have hired me, I am not just simply doing you a favour. I am here to fully support your needs holistically, taking a 360 view of your wellbeing: physical, emotional, spiritual and social – the support comes in a form of whatever way suits you best
– I help you sort through the fog of information and opinions so you gain clarity on what really counts
Want to know more?
During the postnatal period I may do the following:
– Caring for baby while you go out, take a nap, go to the gym or go out for a spa day
– Helping you around the house with some simple tasks such as tidying baby items, laundry
– Paying close attention to your well being through nutrition, rest and encouraging access to daily fresh air
– Sharing useful information and tips for your healing, bonding and baby care
– Showing you how to carry your baby in a sling so you can move around hands free whilst keeping your baby warm and close
– Boosting your confidence with words of encouragement
– Treating you to a fun outing or activity to break up the boredom of being at home all day with a baby (babies are cute and smell SO good; but I’m not gonna lie- it can be boring sometimes!)
Postnatal Doula snuggles!
I provide a professional service but that doesn’t mean it cant have fun and spontaneous moments amongst the quiet, relaxing, every day moments.
It could be all of this, some of this and more but its all matched to your individual wants and changing needs as you walk through the journey from pregnancy to parenthood.
Want to receive regular love notes, updates and news straight to your inbox? Click here
Lorrell Ileena- London Doula- Bespoke Doula- Boutique Doula
Lorrell is a Mother, Doula, Educator and Visionary- She is bringing a ‘refreshing change’ to the landscape of birth and what it means to be a pregnant person navigating the maternity system. Lorrell believes when we demand to be seen, heard and harness our powers in pregnancy, birth and parenthood, we will create huge change for the experiences of birthing people and babies worldwide
London birth doula | labour support | birth photography|maternity photo|childbirth preparation | pregnancy support | hospital birth| home birth| vaginal birth | cesarean birth | low or no intervention birth | epidural support | VBAC | postnatal doula | overnight care | new parent education | breastfeeding support | bottle feeding | baby registry | baby essentials| cloth nappies |natural birth recovery| Postnatal support|Holistic pregnancy